Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Pareidolia

 It has been a long time seen I've updated my blog but anyways, I'm back! I bet you'de be wondering what the meaning of 'Pareidolia' is. This word isn't the average word you'de stumble upon but I actually did. A song by Elena Seigman called 'Pareidolia' was just released. It was a very nice song but I was wondering what 'Pareidolia' meant.
 Here is the meaning from 'fact-archive.com: The tendency to interpret a vague stimulus as something known to the viewer; such as interpreting marks on Mars as canals or seeing shapes in clouds.


 Basically pareidolia means seeing something in a different way, like the definition above, clouds are an excellent example of pareidolia. Most people would see clouds forming shapes, cars, or objects. Another example is the 'man on the moon.' People believe that they see something else from an object.


What do you see? Admit it, it does appear to be a sad face or some other face.  Excellent example of pareidolia.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing Arief. It's new to me too. Keep reading & writing. You'll never know what you'll discover next.

Love,
Mom

Hearthstone

So it seems to be a trend for me, new year, new game. This year brings forth the strategic card game known as Hearthstone. Initially, i tho...